Improving Reading Achievement in School with Lexia Reading Core5
What is Lexia Reading Core5?
Lexia Reading Core5 is a technology-based product designed to help students from Pre Kindergarten through fifth grade master fundamental and foundational reading skills. Lexia “provides explicit, systematic, personalized learning in the five areas of reading instruction, and delivers norm-referenced performance data and analysis without interrupting the flow of instruction to administer a test.” Lexia is also specifically designed to meet the Common Core Standards and is based on extensive research. Lexia Reading Core5’s purpose is to accelerate reading skill development. It also can predict students end of the year performance and supplies teachers with plans of action based on data that are personalized for each student.
What are the benefits of Lexia Reading Core5?
- Provides the strategies and resources for direct instruction to help each student finish the year at grade level
- Using teacher-directed, student-driven personalized learning
- Students can work at home or at school to develop skills through learning activities
- Students are automatically grouped by skill for small group instruction
- Uses skill-specific instructional materials called Lexia Lessons, which provide step-by-step strategies for teachers to address students gap in a skill area
- Teachers have access to a customized certificate of achievement to recognize student progress
- Lexia reduces dependence on traditional testing and saves teachers up to one month of instructional time
- Lexia Reading Core5 is available for the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, and allows for mobile access
How do I learn more about Lexia Reading Core5?
This video will give you an extensive overview of all the components of this technology-based reading improvement product.